Who am I?
My name is Paola Griseri and I was born in Imperia on September 30th, 1972. After attending the High School in Imperia I enrolled in undergraduate degree in Biological Sciences at the University of Pisa.
I graduated in 1997 with 110/110 cum laude and the same year I moved to Genoa, where I started working first as a trainee and then as a PhD student on the genetic basis of a congenital bowel disease.
Since 2002, my interests have moved on cancer research. I obtained a three-year fellowship by AIRC (Italian Association for Cancer Research) on the genetic basis of thyroid cancer. In 2008 I decided to make a professional experience abroad and worked for three years at the University of Nice on the molecular basis of breast cancer. In recent years, research has led me to epigenetics, focusing on how environmental factors (proper nutrition, exposure to environmental pollution, physical activity, etc.) may have an influence on the activity of genes in our DNA.
My interest in proper nutrition has been constantly growing and in 2012 I began to work as Biologa Nutrizionista in Imperia. It is my firm belief that a healthy lifestyle can positively influence many chronic diseases such as cancer or coronary heart disease. I love sports, especially running and tennis and I try to maintain a healthy lifestyle, involving all my family in outdoor recreational activities and following a healthy diet. Moreover, I also participated in some marathons (Nice in 2012, Milan in 2013, London and Turin in 2014): the adoption of proper nutrition helped me a lot to handle both the preparation and the race itself.
I am currently involved in food education projects and divulgation activities in primary and secondary schools.
What I do
• Custom diets
• Treatment for obesity, overweight, underweight, metabolic syndrome
• Programs for children, teenagers, adults and postmenopausal women
• Personalized plans for the treatment of eating disorders (ED) such as anorexia, bulimia,
• binge eating disorder (BED)
• Consulting integrated diet for preventing cancer
• Nutrition education
• Body analysis. Calculation lean mass, fat mass, body hydration
• Reactivation metabolic
• Mediterranean diet
• Vegetarian and vegan diet
• Detoxification Diet
• Anti-aging diet
• Diet for sports
• Food intolerance. Elimination diet, rotation diet
• Dietary supplements and herbal remedies